Old City Tour with Lunch (Regular)
Start From 90.00€
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||from Hotel / to Hotel|
|WEAR||Comfortable athletic clothing.While visiting a mosque in Istanbul, women need to cover their heads, shoulders, knees You can carry your own scarf to cover your head but please note scarves are provided at the entrance of every mosque.|
|Pick Up Info||For All Regular Daily Tours Pick-up is included. Pick-up from the Taksim, Sultanahmet, Fatih and Beşiktaş districts only. Please contact the tour operator for instructions if your hotel is outwith these districts.|
There are many places to visit and see in the part of Istanbul called the old city. You can get the opportunity to see the magnificent Hagia Sophia and the unique Blue Mosque with a specially prepared old city tour. Afterward, you can see the famous area used as a hippodrome for a period.
With the old city tour You can get extra pleasure from the tour with the opportunities by Istanbul Voyage Travel.
The old city tour with lunch allows you to reach the must-see places of old Istanbul. You will see all the splendors of old Istanbul. During your tour, you will learn about the history of Istanbul. You can discover why the city was important during the Byzantines and Ottomans.
● Hagia Sophia: Hagia Sophia is one of the longest-lasting historical buildings in Turkey. Its interior is more majestic than you can imagine. The building, essentially a church, was preserved by the Ottomans, who took over the legacy of the Byzantines.
● Blue Mosque: Blue Mosque is one of the old city's most critical active places of worship. Its courtyard is much airier than other mosques. The interior differs in that it is curved.
● Hippodrome: The Hippodrome carries the remains of an ancient racetrack. The real legacy is found underground. The Obelisk of Theodosius, an Egyptian-made granite column, is an essential work in the hippodrome area.
● Basilica Cistern
● Grand Bazaar: Grand Bazaar is one of the most essential bazaars built during the Ottoman period. It has ensured that the commercial life of the old city remains active. Since it is close to other touristic places, it is among the frequent destinations.
Istanbul old city tour is a unique event that you can attend as a full-day tour. Some of the costs, such as entrance fees, are covered. Thanks to the tour, you can see the most important structures built during the Byzantine and Ottoman empires. Also, thanks to the one-day Istanbul event, you can benefit from most of your free time.
What is included?
Some services will be offered to you during this Istanbul vacation. A private guide accompanies you as you explore the historical buildings of Istanbul. And you don't have to worry about certain taxes and service charges. When you complete the tour, you will learn all the details of the old city.
● Hotel pick-up at the start and drop-off at the end
● Professional English-speaking private tour guide
● Entry permit to Hagia Sophia,
● Lunch at one of the well-known local restaurants
● All taxes and service charges
Pick-up info: Hotel pick-up at the start of the tour is valid in certain areas. Pick-up and drop-off services are offered in your hotel's Taksim, Sultanahmet, Fatih, and Besiktas regions. If your hotel is not in one of these places, you can request additional information by contacting us.
What to expect?
The old city tour is a locally guided tour created especially for you. Visit Hagia Sophia, designed by Isode of Miletus and Anthemius of Tralles. It was firstly built during the Byzantine era. See the Blue Mosque, which reflects Ottoman art, designed by Sedefkar Mehmed Agha.
After a specific time, you will have the chance to pause your trip for lunch. Then you will reach the Grand Bazaar, one of the most critical bazaars built with a covered roof. You will learn the city's history when you complete the old city tour.
Additional info for Old City Tour with Lunch
You can see some of the heritages of the Byzantines and the Ottomans with the old city tour. However, suppose you want to get the full benefit of the tour. In that case, you will need to adapt to the additional information presented. So you will have much fewer problems with many things.
● Make sure you have your passport/ID with you.
● Wear comfortable shoes as there will be a lot of sightseeing.
● Use sunglasses to avoid being affected by the sun too much.
● Bring a camera to take pictures in permitted areas.
● Unfortunately, you cannot participate in this tour with your pet.
● Note that the Grand Bazaar is closed on Sundays.
Old city tour with lunch is a tailor-made event. If you want to cancel your reservation and get a full refund, you must have completed the transactions at least 24 hours in advance. You can get more information about cancellation and refund by contacting Istanbul Voyage Travel.
Old City Tour with Lunch
A full-day tour of the fascinating city of Istanbul with your Licensed Tour Guide.
We will pick you up from your hotel for a guided tour in Istanbul around 8:30 am.
You will visit iconic places of the Ottoman and Byzantine Empires:
Hagia Sophia (Ayasofya)
Sultan Ahmet Mosque (Blue Mosque)
Roman Era Hippodrome Square
(you will experience the special dishes of Turkish Cuisine at lunchtime.)
Grand Bazaar, Shopping time!
At the end of the tour, you will be taken back to your hotel at approximately 4:45 PM.